Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Family Dinner on Jan. 25th

We always have a family dinner for birthdays. The tradition has been that they get to choose what we are having for dinner. Aric usually has to choose something unusual. This year he said that he'd been craving broccoli with cheese sauce. (He was only 2 the first time he picked broccoli for his birthday dinner. Only we didn't eat broccoli when they were little, it was baby trees.) Then he picked roast beef and mashed potatoes - so that Riley and Alexandra would eat, too.
Since he picked a "normal" meal, I found tiramisu and spumoni - so that he could have weird after all. I've never had tiramisu, and didn't realize that one of the layers was coffee flavored. No one cared for it, except Aric. Luckily, Cortney had made brownies as a backup. Alexandra ate 2 big ones. Aric said that he'd never seen her eat that much at one time. Aric and I were the only ones who liked the spumoni. Riley and Alexandra aren't usually willing to try new things, but they did taste them this time.

Dean and Aric were playing playstation after dinner. Aric had brought over a multi-player game. I think they were Marvel heroes. I know that Aric was Wolverine, I think Dean was playing Hulk? Anyway, they were having a good time slicing and destroying stuff.

Riley and Alexandra in their jammies. They were cold, so they put them on early.

I forgot to get a picture of Cortney. She was doing better than I expected. She'd been to church, and had a bit of a headache. And then with all the chaos of dinner and extra people, I wasn't sure how she would fare, but she made it through the whole evening.



No comments: