Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Locks of Love

On Saturday, Jan. 31st, Aric and I went and got haircuts. I've been "going to" for better than a month. My hair was below my waist, and really getting in the way. Then Aric came home from work with the announcement that he had to cut his hair and shave off his beard before his next scheduled work day. So we went together before we did the grocery shopping.

I had to get pictures before Aric's "Jesus" look was gone.

While we were waiting, I asked Aric how he was going to get it cut. He told me that he was buzzing it off. I told him that I missed him not being little. He was shocked. He wanted to know how I could possibly miss all the trouble he was always getting into. I told him that he was also a lot of fun - just like Alexandra, that they are personality matches. Then he said that Alexandra doesn't get into the trouble he did. I pointed out that Alexandra has a stay at home mom, and give her a couple of years, the mischief he was remembering was mostly ages 6-9. Then I told him that I liked him at 26, too.
I'll bet his sisters wish they were here. They used to love to sit on him to feel the stubble of his new haircuts.
Locks of Love is getting a 13 inch braid from me. It is still over my shoulders, about as long as it was when I cut it after I broke my arm.
Wet and then dry.
Aric wanted to point out that his action figures are now recorded for posterity. I'm pointing out that it is only 6 of the massive collection. Could be worse, could have pictures of his swords in the background - so people would really wonder about me.
And they are getting an 11 inch ponytail from Aric.
I'll try to get another picture of him now. He shaved off all but a goatee.
He didn't want me to take pictures, so he was being "evil." I had the girls here, so he couldn't refuse too loudly.
When I was measuring the hair, and getting it into bags to mail. I couldn't believe how close our hair color matches. Aric's is curlier, and mine has a fair amount of grey.

1 comment:

Cortney said...

WOW!! I can't believe he got his hair cut!!!!! I can't wait to see it in person. Alexandra isn't gonna be sure who he is, she's only ever seen him with long hair.